Thursday, October 25, 2012

Where did this week go!!!!

Last two days of my vacation!!!  WHERE DID THE TIME GO!!!!   I swear if it were a work week, it would just be Tuesday. :-/ 



Briana, Tony and Luna
Well, other than sleep til about 9:00 every morning, I haven't done too much. I did enjoy the weekend at Illinois State Beach, again. My husband and I went out with my daughter, son-in-law and Luna.  Also joining us was Kha, my son's girlfriend.  It was a really nice day on Sunday. The weather was fantastic for walking. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I find it to be very tranquil, and quiet, and away from traffic.  I really love getting away from the sound of traffic. 
My  hubby and Kha

Rocks, rocks, rocks!!!!
The waves were amazing, and if I could, I would have an immense collection of stones.  I found so many beautiful rocks on the beach...wanted to take them all, but of course had to convince my hubby to carry them, since I didn't have a bag, or pockets.  The first rock I found was a really nice one that had what looked like a little face.  I lost it then and wished I would've taken it. Boooo. :-(  I got some really nice one though.  I am a sucker for a smooth, interesting looking rock. Especially if it has crystals. ;)


Today, was a great day for walking too.  At least this morning.  The hubby and I took a walk to the neighborhood Aldi's.  I was really craving those yummy gourmet chocolate chip cookies they have.  They are scrumptious when you warm them in the microwave. Well, they didn't have any. :'(  Have to take a walk over to the other neighborhood Aldi's.  Anyhoooo, it was still a nice walk. 


I love trees!!
I am very fortunate to have a wonderful park across the street.  It is my saving grace.  I wanted to take some pics of a bunch of Canadian geese that have made a stop in the lagoon, but they decided to take flight just as I was approaching them.  Fine, I still got to photograph a set of black ducks that were there. So cute. I love ducks. <3 





 
Right in the middle there, you will find three turtles.  There is a little one, and a medium size one on top of a large one.  They were so cute .  I was just wondering how the one on top of the big one was going to get down, because he could move his legs, but wouldn't be going anywhere.
Here are some pics of my view on the way to store.  If it weren't for the noise of the darn traffic it would be quite enjoyable.


You can is still find some color from flowers around.


The lagoon.
There are the two black ducks. 

There's the Aldi's.

Bueno, I still have tomorrow and the weekend to enjoy.  Plus, I also have my crocheting to keep me occupada. 

Till we blog again.....stay safe and may your yarn ball never run out. 
Peace & Love















2 comments:

  1. Whoa, how cool...black ducks! I've never seen anything of such beauty! I love your pics. Even though it looks mighty cold, it's awesome you still have some color. The desert sure has different things, but color doesn't seem to be one of them...until sunset that is! I can't believe you have TWO Aldi's near you, that's great and I'm salivating at the thought of warm chocolate chip cookies...thanks! haha I love your stones too. Do you ever paint them? Just wondering. Keep 'em coming! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's starting to get nippy out here. I really am not looking forward to winter. BRRRRR.

    I live right across the street from a beautiful neighborhood park and we have the great honor of having some awesome birds stop by on their migration. It's really a sight to see. Last year we had an adorable wood-duck couple. They were amazing. We have some pretty interesting crows and a falcon and a hawk. Sometimes nature gets real. :/

    Yep, two Aldi's, both walking distance. Lol. It great. I did go and get those cookies too. Wish I could send you a pack.

    I haven't painted my rocks, mainly because the ones that I have taken home have these amazing design, or embedded crystal and I just can't change them. They are just so beautiful as they are. But when I can I will probably grab some of the larger ones and make some pet rocks. Lol.

    Thanks for looking at my silly little blog. I try, sometimes I feel silly writing all this stuff, but then I remember how I use to journal and think of my blog as a kind of journal.

    Well, off to sleepy land now. Gotta work tomorrow. Booooo. :(

    Enjoy your adventure. Best to ALL.

    Peace and tranquility.

    Martha :-)

    ReplyDelete